We all know YouTube, we enjoy watching the funny videos but with all the viweing time, how can we use videos to help our business? It’s simple to make a video but many people worry that a video needs to be professional and expensive before peopel can view it. This doesn’t need to be the case, in fact it’s more likely to get views if it’s fun and engaging
Check out the Dollar Shave Club Video which proppeled the company intot the public eye
- More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month
- Over 6 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube—that’s almost an hour for every person on Earth
- 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- 80% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US
- YouTube is localised in 61 countries and across 61 languages
- According to Nielsen, YouTube reaches more US adults aged 18-34 than any cable network
Grab and camera and make a simple video which you can then edit on iMovie. Learn what works and employ the same tactics when you make a video for your business.
Eloqua found that video is a cutomers preffered content over text (SOURCE) because a voice conveys rich information and peopel prefer to engage with the emotions of a face.
One great example I love is Casey Neistat who makes exceptional commercial videos with a fun engaging twist. These are the type of videos we can all make with a bit of practice and interestingly, Casey style has attracted millions of views for Nike, Mercedes and the Walter Mitty film.
Make a video and make it fun. Display the persoanlity of your business and show people why they should work with you.