How are we using the leading social networks in 2014?
- Pinterest (21%) is now more popular than Twitter (18%) among Internet users.
- Women are four times more likely to be Pinterest users than men.
- Facebook is ageing. 45% of Internet users aged 65+ use Facebook.
- Pinterest attracts older people. Twitter and Instagram are still youth dominated networks, but 23% of Internet users aged 50+ use Pinterest.
- Contrary to popular belief, most people aren’t using multiple social networks. Over 50% of Internet users either don’t use any social networks, or use just one (i.e. Facebook).
- Facebook and Instagram users are the most engaged. Around 60% of their users sign in every day (compared to 46% of Twitter users)
- Almost all social networkers use Facebook. In fact, over 80% of ‘other’ social network users also use Facebook.
- Instagrammers also use Twitter. There is a 50% crossover between the networks.
- Pinterest and LinkedIn are stand-alone networks. There is much less crossover usage with other networks (except Facebook).
- Pinterest and LinkedIn users are wealthier than the other networks with a high percentage earning over $75000 PA.
How does this impact how you use social media for your business?